Immune support formula
• Contains EpiCor®, which helps to reduce the incidence of cold and flu symptoms
• Helps to maintain immune function
• Includes European elderberry extract and vitamin C
Cor Immune Defence contains EpiCor®, a proprietary nutrient extract from Saccharomyces cerevisiae yeast that helps to reduce the incidence of cold and flu symptoms. Cor Immune Defence also includes zinc to help maintain immune function, as well as vitamin C to provide a source of antioxidants and European elderberry flower extract, a plant used in Traditional Medicine.1
The proprietary fermentation process used in the production of EpiCor® stresses yeast cells to increase the concentration of bioactive components, including yeast glucans (beta-1-3-glucan and beta-1-6 glucan), polyphenols and vitamins and minerals.2 In a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial of 116 healthy participants not vaccinated with the influenza vaccine, daily supplementation EpiCor® significantly reduced both the incidence and duration of cold and flu-like symptoms.3 Zinc further helps to maintain immune function by stimulating the production of lymphocytes and by increasing their phagocytic activity.4
1. Kalra, M, Khatak, M, Khatak, S. International Journal of Drug Development & Research. 2011; 3(1): 314-327.
2. Jensen G, Carter S, Reeves S, Robinson L, and Benson K. Journal of Medicinal Food. 2014; 00(0): 1-7
3. Moyad MA, Robinson LE, Zawada ET Jr, Kittelsrud JM, Chen DG, Reeves SG, Weaver SE. Urol Nurs. 2008 Feb; 28(1): 50-5.
4. Chasapis, CT, Spiliopoulou, CA, Loutsidou, AC, Stefanidou, ME. Arch Toxicol. 2012; 86: 521–534.
† EpiCor® is a registered trademark of Embria Health Sciences, L.L.C.
Recommended Adult Dose: Take 1 capsule daily with a meal, a few hours before or after taking other medications or natural health products, or as recommended by your healthcare practitioner. Consult your healthcare practitioner for use beyond 12 weeks.
Risk Information: Do not use if you are taking antidepressants such as monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs), or are allergic to yeast products. Consult your healthcare practitioner prior to use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or taking medication for high blood pressure, or if you have low blood pressure. Consult your healthcare practitioner if symptoms persist or worsen. Stop use if allergy occurs. May cause migraine-like headaches in sensitive individuals.