Bone support formula with a 2:1 ratio of calcium to magnesium
• Provides 680 mg of calcium and 340 mg of magnesium per daily dose
• Includes 280 IU of vitamin D per daily dose
• Helps in the development and maintenance of bones and teeth
• Helps in the absorption and use of calcium
• Calcium and vitamin D may reduce the risk of developing osteoporosis when combined with a healthy diet and regular exercise
Cal Mag + D provides calcium and magnesium to support bone health, with added vitamin D to improve calcium absorption and utilization. In a dietary analysis of 502 adults
aged 50+ with a recent fracture, it was estimated that supplementation with 500 mg of calcium per day would allow the majority of participants to meet the recommended daily intake of 1000 mg of calcium.1 However, as nearly 90% of skeletal mass is accumulated by age 18, adolescence is a critical period for developing and maintaining peak bone mineral density. In a recent cohort study of 195 physically active children and adolescents, serum vitamin D levels were found to be a major determinant of overall bone mineral density, with an even greater impact on bone mineralization than physical activity. In addition, higher vitamin D status was associated with lower levels of parathyroid hormone (PTH), which plays a role in bone turnover.2
1. Van den Bergh JJPW, Bidar SS, Bours S, Van Geel TACM, Geusens PPMM. Food and Nutrition Sciences. 2012; 3, 539-547
2. Pekkinen M, Viljakainen H, Saarnio E, Lamberg-Allardt C, Mäkitie O. PLoS One. 2012; 7(7): e40090
Recommended Dose: Adults and Adolescents (12 years and older):Take 2 tablets 2 times daily with meals, a few hours before or after taking other medications or natural health products, or as recommended by your healthcar e practitioner.
Disclaimer: The information and accompanying visuals should be used solely for informational purposes. Please note that the information provided on this website is not intended to replace professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Product descriptions and relevant nutritional information are supplied by the vendor.