- Contains a blend of N-acetyl-l-cysteine (NAC), quercetin, perilla seed and astragalus extracts
- Astragalus is used in Herbal Medicine to help maintain a healthy immune system and as an adaptogen to help increase energy and resistance to stress
Perilla Plus w/ NAC is designed to support immune health by modulating the Th2 immune response, which helps maintain Th1/Th2 balance and support healthy self-tissue response and mucosal health. Th2 response is affected by stress, aging and cytokine changes resulting from metabolic, hormonal, physiological, and environmental factors. Th2 modulation may be indicated when addressing immune balance in the sinus, respiratory, urinary and intestinal tracts. Astragalus is used in Herbal Medicine to help maintain a healthy immune system. Preliminary research indicates that astragalus supports a healthy Th1/Th2 balance through modulation of Th2-associated cytokines, and helps support macrophage, natural killer (NK) cell and T-cell activity.
Astragalus is also used in Herbal Medicine as an adaptogen to help increase energy and resistance to stress, helping to maintain a healthy immune system during periods of occasional physical or mental stress. Quercetin is known for its antioxidant activity, while N-acetyl-l-cysteine (NAC) promotes tissue levels of glutathione, a key component of the antioxidant defence system. Perilla seed offers a high source of polyphenols, rosmarinic acid, luteolin and other beneficial compounds compared to leaf.
Medicinal Ingredients (per capsule):
- N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine 150 mg
- Quercetin (from Dimorphandra mollis seed) 125 mg
- Perilla (Perilla frutescens) Seed Extract (5:1) 75 mg (375 mg dried equivalent) Astragalus Root Extract (Astragalus membranaceus) (16:1) 80 mg (1280 mg dried equivalent)
Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Vegetarian capsule (hypromellose, water), hypoallergenic plant cellulose
Disclaimer: The information and accompanying visuals should be used solely for informational purposes. Please note that the information provided on this website is not intended to replace professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Product descriptions and relevant nutritional information are supplied by the vendor.