Comprehensive bone support formula with 100% citrate minerals
• Calcium and magnesium along with therapeutic dosages of vitamins A, D and K to help in the development and maintenance of bones
• Calcium intake may reduce the risk of developing osteoporosis when combined with sufficient vitamin D, a healthy diet, and regular exercise
High bioavailability potential
• Calcium and magnesium are delivered in citrate form, providing superior bioavailability1,2
• Includes boron citrate
Natural blueberry flavour
• Great taste for excellent patient compliance
Cal Mag Berry Liquid + supports bone health with a combination of calcium and magnesium, plus boron and vitamins A, D and K. Calcium citrate is an organic form of calcium that is significantly better absorbed in postmenopausal women than inorganic calcium oxide.1 Magnesium citrate is a highly bioavailable form of magnesium2 that helps to maintain bone mineral density: in healthy young men, regular magnesium supplementation has been shown to suppress bone turnover rates.3 In vitro osteoblast studies indicate that boron stimulates production of several proteins involved in maintaining bone structure, including type 1 collagen, osteocalcin and osteopontin.4
In human participants with osteroporosis, supplementation with the plant-based boron compound calcium fructoborate was found to improve bone density.4 Insufficient vitamin K intake may increase bone fracture risk, and vitamin K supplementation has been shown to reduce bone turnover and improve bone strength.5,6
1. Heller HJ, Greer LG, Haynes SD, Poindexter JR, Pak CY. J Clin Pharmacol. 2000; 40(11): 1237-44.
2. Walker AF, Marakis G, Christie S, Byng M. Magnes Res. 2003; Sep;16(3): 183-91
3. Dimai HP, Porta S, Wirnsberger G, Lindschinger M, Pamperl I, Dobnig H, Wilders-Truschnig M, Lau KH. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1998; Aug;83(8): 2742-8
4. Hanley DA et al. Canadian Medical Association Journal. 2010
5. Bischoff-Ferrari H, Willett WC, Wong JB, Giovannucci E, Dietrich T, Dawson-Hughes B. JAMA. 2005; 293: 2257-64
6. Nielsen, FH. J. Trace Elem. Med. Biol. 2014; 28(4): 383-387.
7. National Academy of Sciences. A Report of the Panel on Micronutrients. Washington DC: National Academy Press 2001.
8. Bügel S. In: Litwack G, Ed. Vitamins and Hormones: Vitamin K. London: Elsevier 2008; 393-416
Recommended Adult Dose: Take 1 tablespoon daily with a meal,a few hours before or after taking other medications or natural health products, or as recommended by your healthcare practitioner. Shake well before each use. Do not drink directly from the bottle.
Risk Information: Consult your healthcare practitioner prior to use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, taking blood thinners, have a kidney disorder, or have been diagnosed with estrogen-dependent cancer.
Disclaimer: The information and accompanying visuals should be used solely for informational purposes. Please note that the information provided on this website is not intended to replace professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Product descriptions and relevant nutritional information are supplied by the vendor.