Calcium and magnesium citrate formula with vitamin D
• Helps in the development and maintenance of bones and teeth
• Helps in tissue formation and in maintaining proper muscle function
• Helps to prevent vitamin D deficiency
High bioavailability formula
• Calcium and magnesium are delivered in citrate form, providing superior bioavailability1,2
Great-tasting natural raspberry flavoured liquid format
• Ideal for vegetarians
Cal Mag Raspberry Liquid supports bone health with a combination of calcium, magnesium and vitamin D. Calcium citrate is an organic form of calcium that is significantly better absorbed in postmenopausal women than inorganic calcium oxide.1 Magnesium citrate is a highly bioavailable form of magnesium2 that helps to maintain bone mineral density: in healthy young men, regular magnesium supplementation has been shown to suppress bone turnover rates.3 Vitamin D improves the absorption of calcium and phosphorous, and helps in the maintenance of bone health. Osteoporosis Canada’s guideline statements recommend a daily vitamin D intake of 400-1000 IU for low-risk adults under 50 years of age and 800-2000 IU for high-risk and older adults.4 Vitamin D intakes of 700-800 IU/day are associated with a decreased risk of bone fracture, in comparison with 400 IU/day.5
1. Heller HJ, Greer LG, Haynes SD, Poindexter JR, Pak CY. J Clin Pharmacol.2000 Nov;40(11):1237-44.
2. Walker AF, Marakis G, Christie S, Byng M. Magnes Res. 2003; Sep;16(3): 183-91
3. Dimai HP, Porta S, Wirnsberger G, Lindschinger M, Pamperl I, Dobnig H, Wilders-Truschnig M, Lau KH. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1998; Aug;83(8): 2742-8
4. Hanley DA et al. Canadian Medical Association Journal. 2010
5. Bischoff-Ferrari H, Willett WC, Wong JB, Giovannucci E, Dietrich T, Dawson-Hughes B. JAMA. 2005; 293: 2257-64
Recommended Adult Dose: Take 1 tablespoon daily with a meal, a few hours before or after taking other medications or natural health products, or as recommended by your healthcare practitioner. Shake well before each use. Do not drink directly from the bottle.