- Helps to maintain and support cardiovascular health
- Helps to reduce frequency of migraine headaches and associated nausea and vomiting when taken as a prophylactic
- An antioxidant for the maintenance of good health
- Naturally derived from yeast fermentation
Coenzyme Q10 is a fat-soluble nutrient that acts as an electron carrier in the mitochondrial electron transport chain. CoQ10 is also a key intracellular antioxidant, protecting phospholipids and mitochondrial membranes against damage caused by lipid peroxidation.1
CoQ10 helps to minimize occurrence of migraine headaches, possibly through the promotion of normal mitochondrial function, as mitochondrial dysfunction has been identified as a potential contributing factor in migraine pathogenesis.
CoQ10’s antioxidant actions help in the maintenance and support of heart health. Numerous clinical studies suggest that CoQ10 supports healthy blood flow and heart muscle function in comparison to placebo treatment.2,3
1. Niklowitz P, Sonnenschein A, Janetzky B, Andler W, Menke T. Int J Biol Sci. 2007 April;3(4): 257-62.
2. Soja AM, Mortensen SA. Mol Aspects Med. 1997;18 Suppl:S159-68.
3. Rosenfeldt FL, Haas SJ, Krum H, Hadj A, Ng K, et al. J Hum Hypertens. 2007 Apr;21(4):297-306.
Recommended Dose For Migraine Prophylaxsis: Take 3 capsules 2 times daily or as recommended by your healthcare practitioner. Use for at least 3 months to see beneficial effects. For Cardiovascular Health and Antioxidant: Take 1 capsule 1-3 times daily or as recommended by your healthcare practitioner