- Contains plant-derived enzymes to assist with the breakdown of nutrients
- Provides antioxidants to help protect against the oxidative damage caused by free radicals
- Herbal combination includes deglycyrrhizinated licorice (DGL), marshmallow, slippery elm, star anise, cabbage leaf, clove, and peppermint
- Deglycyrrhizinated licorice (DGL) is free of side effects typically associated with licorice
- Vegan-friendly digestive formula
Herbal GI is a combination of herbal extracts, deglycyrrhizinated licorice (DGL), and plant digestive enzymes to promote optimal digestion and overall health. This unique formula contains the plant enzymes bromelain and papain, sourced from non-GMO pineapple and papaya respectively. These proteolytic enzymes are commonly used to support digestion, aiding in the breakdown of large peptides found in protein rich foods and improving their absorption.1-4 This formula also provides antioxidants helping to protect against and reduce the oxidative effects of free radicals. Additional herbal extracts include deglycyrrhizinated licorice (DGL), marshmallow, slippery elm, star anise, cabbage leaf, clove and peppermint.
1. Varilla C, Marcone M, Paiva L, Baptista J. Bromelain, Foods. 2021 Sep;10(10):2249.
2. Hikisz P, Bernasinska-Slomczewska J. Nutrients. 2021 Nov 29;13(12):4313.
3. Taussig SJ, Batkin S. J Ethnopharmacol. 1988 Feb-Mar;22(2):191-203.
4. Mamboya, F. & Amri, E. (2012). Am J Biochem Biotechnol
Recommended Adult Dose: Take two capsules two times daily with meals, a few hours before or after taking other medications, or as recommended by your healthcare practitioner. For prolonged use, consult your healthcare practitioner.
Risk Information: If you are pregnant or breastfeeding; if you have gallstones, anaemia, gastrointestinal lesions/ulcers; if you are taking anticoagulant agents, anti-inflammatory agents or other enzyme products; if you are having surgery; or if you have an allergy to latex or fruit such as avocado, banana, chestnut, passion fruit, fig, melon, mango, kiwi, pineapple, peach and tomato, consult your healthcare practitioner prior to use. If symptoms persist or worsen, consult your healthcare practitioner. Hypersensitivity/allergy, nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea have been known to occur; in which case, discontinue use
Disclaimer: The information and accompanying visuals should be used solely for informational purposes. Please note that the information provided on this website is not intended to replace professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Product descriptions and relevant nutritional information are supplied by the vendor.