- Aids in the management of polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) by helping to restore normal ovarian function
- Aids in the management of PCOS’s hormonal and metabolic conditions by promoting healthy glucose metabolism
- Aids in the management of PCOS by reducing oxidative stresses
- Helps to restore ovulation and oocyte quality and to normalize menstrual cycle irregularities
- Helps to reduce serum testosterone in women with PCOS
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is one of the most common endocrine disorders, affecting up to 20% of women of reproductive age. PCOS is associated with elevated male sex hormones, impaired insulin sensitivity and reproductive dysfunction, including menstrual irregularity and infertility. Myo-inositol helps restore the activities of ovaries in PCOS patients through its role as a precursor to inositol 1,4,5-triphosphate (InsP3), which regulates menstrual cycle hormones and oocyte maturation. Myo-inositol also promotes the production of inositolphosphoglycans (IPG), which activate enzymes involved in glucose metabolism. In a clinical trial involving 42 women with PCOS, participants were randomized to consume 400 mcg of folic acid alone or in combination with 4 g of myo-inositol daily for six to eight weeks. When compared to the placebo folic acid group, women in the myo-inositol group experienced more cycles of ovulation (69.5% ovulated in the myo-inositol group compared with 21% in the placebo group), lower testosterone levels, and improved insulin sensitivity.
EACH LEVEL SCOOP CONTAINS:
Myo-inositol ............................................ . 4 g